Rubber plant starts production
Dammam, June 30, 2009
Armacell Zamil Middle East Company (Azmec) has said that its new factory in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, has begun commercial production of technical rubber insulation materials.
The products will be marketed to the public and private sectors in Saudi Arabia, the Gulf and other Middle East customers through sole distributors and direct contracts, said a report in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
The new factory progressed from planning to production in less than a year's time, according to the company.
"The launch of production demonstrates our commitment to serving our home market with technologically advanced insulation products that are globally acclaimed for high quality and unmatched performance," said Zamil Industrial chief operating officer Abdulla M Al Zamil.
He indicated that the new factory would play a key role in developing construction and building materials on both a regional and global basis and represent a significant expansion of Zamil Industrial's insulation manufacturing capabilities.
Azmec is the result of a strategic partnership between Zamil Industrial Investment Company and Armacell International Holding of Germany.
"With our joint venture in Dammam we are the first globally active manufacturer of flexible insulation materials to commit itself to the Gulf region by setting up its own production facilities here," said Mark Harakal, Armacell International Holding chief executive officer. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production