2 new factories open at Dubai Industrial City
Dubai, August 29, 2009
Dubai Industrial City has announced the opening of two new factories in the industrial destination by Capital Industries for the manufacture of pre-cast concrete and MeFab, which specialises in steel fabrication.
The MeFab factory was constructed on a 213,000 sq feet plot area in the city’s Base Metal Zone and manufactures pressure vessels, single and double vault tankers and pressure pipes in steel, metal and stainless steel which are used in marine applications and oil and gas industries.
The Capital Industries factory was constructed on a 60,000 sq feet plot area in the city’s Mineral Zone. The facility manufactures pre-cast concrete structures in volumes ranging from 70,000-80,000 cubic meters for a wide range of construction applications including precast columns, beams, half slab, and pre-stressed planks.
“The growing pace of companies choosing to set up their factories in Dubai Industrial City is testament to the competitive advantage that the destination provides in terms of advanced infrastructure, strategic location, availability of support offerings and innovative services,” said Rashed Al Ansari, Vice-President of Dubai Industrial City.
“Our plans are on track and infrastructure works from road networks to energy and water resources, sewerage facilities amongst a host of other basic services having been completed as scheduled,” Rashed stressed.
Dubai Industrial City currently operates 2.8 million square feet of open storage lands, three million square feet of warehouses, unique double storey showrooms equipped with warehouses, four office buildings, and a labour village that accommodates 14,000 residents.
Dubai Industrial City is a light and medium size hub that is spread across 560 million sq. feet. It offers a comprehensive one stop-shop industrial and commercial destination featuring six industrial clusters including food and beverage, base metal, mineral products, chemicals, transport equipment and parts, as well as machinery and mechanical equipment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai