Alba honours female employees
Manama, December 5, 2009
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), a leading aluminium smelter, honoured its female employees at a ceremony held recently to mark Bahraini Women’s Day.
The event, held at the Banyan Tree Resort, was attended by over 90 female employees, members of the executive management and representatives of the Alba Union.
“Since it began operations, Alba’s female employees have been one of the main contributors to production process in different sections and departments,” said Mahmood Hashim Al Kooheji, chairman of Alba.
“It is with pride that we can say that our female employees have the same rights and obligations as men,” he added.
“Efficiency is the main standard by which we measure our employees’ performance, and it has enabled women to be leaders who are a source of pride for us among industrial organisations.”
The event also included an award ceremony for long service employees, followed by distribution of gifts to the employees and lunch with the chairman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans