SCCI launches 'Made in Sharjah' program
Sharjah, February 1, 2010
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) launched its ‘Made in Sharjah’ program during a press conference held today at the SCCI headquarters.
The program will support industrial establishments and complete a series of initiatives undertaken during the past few years to promote local products and expand Sharjah’s reach to the international markets.
The campaign will highlight nine key focal points related to the development, promotion and advertisement of local products, namely, a ‘Made in Sharjah’ exposition; a label reflecting the slogan; a promotional plan for the permanent expo; promotional video clips; a monthly e-periodical; a dedicated webpage on www.tejari.com, the biggest commercial portal in the Middle East, that will serve as an export guide; a ‘Made in Sharjah’ standards initiative; and a training and development program.
“This unique initiative forms part of 2010 business strategies and plans that focus on the implementation of programs and activities that can significantly enhance Sharjah’s investment environment,” said SCCI director general Hussein Mohammed Al Mahmoudi.
“This year we aim to highlight growth prospects within the emirate’s business community, support exports, and encourage the youth to start new and promising projects. We also intend to provide technical and consultancy services and funding facilities for our members so that they can strengthen their competitiveness at the regional and international level.”-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4