Equate controls fire at aromatics complex
Kuwait, January 16, 2011
Kuwait's Equate Petrochemical Co said it has controlled a fire on Sunday morning at its aromatics complex, with no impact on production.
'The fire, which resulted from a leak in the aromatics complex, was immediately contained and it was extinguished at 9:30am Kuwait time,' Equate said in a statement on Sunday.
The complex has an annual production capacity of 829,000 metric tonnes of paraxylene and 393,000 metric tonnes of benzene.
Equate is a joint venture between Kuwait-owned Petrochemical Industries Company and US Dow Chemical Company. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export