Equate controls fire at aromatics complex
Kuwait, January 16, 2011
Kuwait's Equate Petrochemical Co said it has controlled a fire on Sunday morning at its aromatics complex, with no impact on production.
'The fire, which resulted from a leak in the aromatics complex, was immediately contained and it was extinguished at 9:30am Kuwait time,' Equate said in a statement on Sunday.
The complex has an annual production capacity of 829,000 metric tonnes of paraxylene and 393,000 metric tonnes of benzene.
Equate is a joint venture between Kuwait-owned Petrochemical Industries Company and US Dow Chemical Company. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants