UPS names new president for EMEA
Brussels, August 23, 2011
UPS, a global logistics leader, has appointed Jim Barber, a 26-year UPS veteran, its new president of the UPS Europe region with responsibility for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
Barber, 51, most recently served as the chief operations officer of the Europe Region and succeeds Wolfgang Flick, who is retiring after 35 years of service to UPS, including the last 7 1/2 years as president of the Europe region.
In his new role, Barber will be responsible for all UPS package, cargo and logistics operations in 120 countries and territories with more than 40,000 employees.
“Throughout his career with UPS, Jim has excelled in leadership positions in both the US and Europe and we’re confident that he’s going to make a tremendous impact on our Europe Region,” said Dan Brutto, president, UPS International.
“The Europe Region represents roughly half of UPS’s international revenue so this is a critical assignment and one that’s very important to the future of UPS.”
In his most recent assignments, as president of the UK and Ireland District in London and as region chief operations officer in Brussels, Barber has played key roles in overseeing the integration of one of UPS’s largest recent acquisitions and in setting the stage for the 2012 London Olympics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai