Emal backs World Aluminium Conference
Abu Dhabi, March 13, 2012
Emirates Aluminium (Emal) is the host sponsor of the World Aluminium Conference set to be held in Abu Dhabi from April 30 to May 2.
Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO, Emal, said: “The region is now a serious player in the global aluminium market. With the world coming to Abu Dhabi, it is the perfect opportunity to showcase the advanced facilities we have which enable us to provide a reliable source of quality products to customers around the world.”
Al Mazrooei will deliver a key note speech at the event, a statement from Emal said.
The issues for discussion include strategic threats facing producers, the impact on demand of the economic climate, and downstream opportunities in the Middle East, the statement said.
Conference organisers, CRU, will also hold a number of workshops during the three day event, covering topics such as, cast house mix – maximising value in the cast house; value in using bauxite; and rolled products, going for value of volume. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week