UAE smelters on show at US summit
Dubai, June 10, 2012
Dubai Aluminium (Dubal) and Emirates Aluminium (Emal), the UAE’s primary aluminium producers, will jointly promote products and target market share growth in a major summit opening in New York tomorrow (June 11).
The second annual Aluminium Summit, running up to June 13, is hosted by leading metals publication, American Metal Market, and brings high-level leadership and market participants together to share ideas for advancing the aluminium industry and its supply chain.
The combined Dubal-Emal exhibition stand will showcase the two companies, and their product portfolios.
“Dubal’s marketing and sales team is responsible for marketing the metal produced by Emal. This amounted to 288,568 metric tonnes of cast aluminium in 2010, and 749,000 metric tonnes in 2011; in addition to Dubal’s own sales, which exceeded one million tonnes in both years,” said Walid Al Attar, executive vice president Marketing & Sales at Dubal and vice president Marketing & Sales at Emal.
“Indicative of how important the American market is to us, approximately 123,900 metric tonnes of Dubal’s 2011 production was shipped to North America, as was some 119,160 metric tonnes of that produced by Emal – i.e. 243,060 metric tonnes in total, representing 13.6 per cent of our combined production.
“The participation of Dubal and Emal at the 2nd Annual Aluminium Summit reflects our confidence in achieving further growth in this market going forward. In anticipation of this, we have already begun to strengthen its existing marketing and sales offices in the US,” he added.
An entirely state-owned enterprise, Dubal owns and operates a one million metric tonne per annum primary aluminium smelter at Jebel Ali, Dubai — one of the largest single-site operations of its kind in the world — and in 2011 produced 1,014,795 metric tonnes of hot metal.
Emal, a 50:50 joint venture between Dubal and Mubadala, was established in February, 2007 to construct what will become one of the world’s largest single-site aluminium smelters. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu