Scottish group nets $6m Mideast deals
Dubai, June 24, 2012
Downhole Products, a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of casing accessories and completion tools based in Scotland, said it has inked $6 million worth deals in the Middle East region.
The company set up its headquarters at Portlethen near Aberdeen in 1994 and presently operates its bases in Australia, the Middle East mainly in the UAE, Iraq and Saudi besides Asia and the US.
The key products being manufactured by the company include centralisers, reamer guide shoes and cable clamp protectors.
Downhole Products' announcement comes close on the heels of its recent move to new, larger premises in Dubai’s Jebel Ali Freezone, as well as recruitment of three additional business development managers to service the needs of a growing number of clients.
Commenting on the win, managing director Ian Kirk said: “Our excellent figures in the Middle East are as a result of proactive, progressive movement in a part of the world where there is an increasing demand for quality products backed by professional expertise.'
“As well as demonstrating our desire to provide a consistently high standard of service, our new premises and additional staff underline our commitment to the region as Downhole Products moves forward.”
Kirk said the company has been witnessing a big demand for its econ-o-glider and spir-o-lizer centralisers and pen-o-trator reamer shoes in the region.
Downhole Products will be taking part in the upcoming Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (Adipec) to be held from November 11 to 14.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans
- Top industrial trade fair opens in Oman