Alba sees big Europe sales growth
Manama, July 5, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), ranked as one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, now sells 15 per cent of its output in Europe, said chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
He announced this during a visit to Zurich on the first anniversary of the company's sales office there.
'Alba had long recognised Europe to be one of the growth areas for its high-grade aluminium products, and the success gained in the past one year has further endorsed our confidence in this market,' said Schmitt.
'I congratulate the Alba team in Zurich for their considerable efforts in raising the company's profile and paving the way towards increased distribution of its products to key markets in Europe,' he added.
Alba, he said, has already established processes to help increase its presence further across Europe.
The office in Zurich was opened in June 2011 in response to the demand for Alba's products in Europe. It also aimed to enable the company to be closer to its growing list of customers in the continent.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn