Emirates NBD, RTA launch debit card
Dubai, July 7, 2012
Emirates NBD, a leading bank in the region, has joined hands with the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) to launch the 'Go4it Visa Gold' debit card that can be used for making payments on the RTA transit network and at parking meter.
The “Go4it” card is a first of its kind in the region with the proprietary Nol transit application. It comes close on the heels of the successful launch of the “Go4it” credit card last November, said a statement from Emirates NBD.
“Globally, the usage on debit cards has been increasing steadily over the last couple of years, and this trend has begun to be reflected in the UAE as well,” remarked Suvo Sarkar, the general manager, Retail Banking, Emirates NBD.
The Go4it debit card addresses the needs of mass transit customers. Initially the card will be offered to the Personal Banking customer segment. Existing customers will also be able convert to the new “Go4it” card, to avail the additional benefits on offer.
“Following the successful launch of the credit card last year, Emirates NBD believes it is important to extend the benefits of the dual card to our debit card users. In addition to meeting the needs of regular users of Dubai’s public transport systems, the “Go4it” card incorporates a variety of benefits and advantages that meet the specific requirements of our customers,” he added.
“The “Go4it” debit card gives RTA customers added value and a great way to pay for the use of the services by swiping the card at payment points across the transport network,” remarked Mohammed Al Mudharrab, the RTA director (Automated Fare Collection).
“The RTA services are world class and it is only fitting that we partner with trusted partners like Emirates NBD to offer value-add for something as secure as payments. This innovative product is an example of our continued investment in user-friendly payment techniques for transport services in Dubai and use of parking meters in the city,” he added.
Kamran Siddiqi, the general manager of Visa Mena, said, 'For on-the-go commuters and transit operators alike, speed, reliability and convenience are the name of the game and cash and coins have simply become too inefficient. Combining secure, convenient and reliable Visa payments to transit payments is a great example of how Visa can work with partners like ENBD and RTA to improve the usage experience for Dubai commuters.'
“Consumers have come to rely on the convenience and security of Visa for everyday purchases, and we want to extend these benefits to their daily commute,” said Siddiqi.
Users of the “Go4it” Visa Gold Debit Card will get additional monthly benefits, including two Vox cinema tickets for Dh40 instead of the standard price of Dh70, with a free upgrade of popcorn and soft drink.
In addition, customers receive a free ferry ride on RTA’s popular tourist attraction, worth Dh75, on every third Friday of the month from Al Ghubaiba station to Burj Al Arab.
“Customer convenience is a key driving factor at Emirates NBD, we understand that customers are looking for new ways to make payments and prefer to carry fewer cards,” said R. Sivaram, senior VP and head of Cards Business, Emirates NBD.
“With the “Go4it” Gold Debit Card, we continue to offer customers security, convenience and value across the entire stream of payment categories, while also facilitating them to meet their payment requirements in real time,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events