Alba sponsors international trade event
Manama, September 11, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has announced its sponsorship of an upcoming international conference in Moscow, which is expected to attract more than 500 delegates comprising diverse segments of the aluminium industry.
Organised by Metal Bulletin Events, the 27th International Aluminium Conference will be held from September 12 to 14 at the Lotte Hotel.
Alba will be represented by chief executive officer Laurent Schmitt, chief financial & supply officer Tim Murray, chief marketing officer Jean Baptiste Lucas as well as senior officials.
“As a company with a forty year legacy in pioneering the smelting industry in the Middle East, Alba remains committed to play a leading role in tackling issues facing the global aluminium industry,” said Schmitt.
“Our support for the 27th International Aluminium Conference reflects our confidence in the opportunity this event will provide in addressing some of the industry’s current challenges as well as prospects for growth. We are also optimistic about seeing how interactions with industry peers will, hopefully, result in potential trade partnerships.”
Amongst the key conference topics during the three-day event, there will be extensive focus on China as well as a look on producer strategies in the face of rising costs and narrow margins with particular emphasis on relocation possibilities to regions like the Middle East.
Other topics will include the stock market, recovery in the automotive sector and impact of global economic crisis on consumption, among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai