Bahrain garment exporter plans $10m factory
Manama, June 11, 2013
MRS Fashions, a top clothing exporter in Bahrain, plans to open a new $10 million factory in September to meet rising demand from American consumers.
The company accounts for nearly 70 per cent of Bahraini exports to the US.
The new 100,000 sq ft facility, which will feature the latest machinery from Germany and Japan, is expected to manufacture three million pieces of designer clothing for JC Penney, Haggar, and Macy's.
The company's existing factory produces nearly 160,000 garments per week for global retailers and employs close to 1,700 workers. The new facility will provide employment for an additional 800 people. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014