Dubai unveils big fashion industry plans
Dubai, June 20, 2013
The executive council of Dubai has signed a deal with Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority (DTMFZA) to create and develop a strategic plan for the fashion industry in the Emirate.
The “Dubai Fashion 2020”, closely aligned to the recently announced Dubai Design District, is expected to support ongoing growth in the Emirate’s GDP and have a significant impact on employment across the value chain such as manufacturing, retail and design, said the council.
The plan aims to increase the role of contemporary regional fashion and Islamic fashion, besides identifying opportunities for marketing to the specific needs of the regional and global markets, it said.
Moreover, it seeks to promote the development of the sector over the coming years and will focus on providing all the necessary support conducive to building a productive working environment for business, UAE Nationals, and entrepreneurs, to promote an Emirati culture that is on a level with those in other parts of the world, it said.
”Dubai Fashion 2020” also aims to offer development and training programs, and support for the industry with the hosting of various fashion events, and attracting specialised enterprises in fashion from around the world to Dubai.
These efforts will focus on supporting the "Dubai tourism vision 2020" by increasing the volume, spending, and duration of stay by visitors to the Emirate. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures