Alsalam Aircraft wins $33m contract
Riyadh, September 30, 2013
Riyadh-based Alsalam Aircraft Co has won a $33 million firm-fixed-price contract for the conversion of F-15S aircraft to F15SA.
The works include contractor development, implementation of installation facility, development of manufacturing plans and schedules supported by enterprise planning, execution, and performance reporting automated tools, said a report.
The contractor shall provide all personnel, equipment, tools, and other items not specifically supplied by US government agencies, in support of this effort, it said.
The result of this programme will be the conversion of 70 F-15S aircraft to 70 F15SA aircraft built to a common baseline.
During the initial stage two aircraft will be converted with work being performed at the Boeing facility located in St Louis, Missouri. Following successful completion of the initial phase, production will resume under phase II of this contract in Riyadh to complete the remaining 68 aircraft.
The initial phase is expected to be completed by December 31, 2015 with overall contract completion December 31, 2019. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport