Qatari-French meet on rail opportunities
Doha, October 29, 2013
The Qatar Railways Company (Qatar Rail), the company overseeing the construction of the state's integrated railway network, will host a conference and workshops on the project in Paris next month.
The conference and workshops, to be conducted in association with Ubifrance, an agency for international business development, will take place at the Scribe Hotel on November 7 and 8.
The event will showcase emerging opportunities in Qatar Rail, develop partnerships and discover new business trends. B2B meetings will help French companies to improve their understanding of the project and seek opportunities to take part as foreign suppliers and investors.
It is aimed at bolstering partnerships between French and Qatari companies, particularly small and medium enterprises, and to stimulate the economic diversification of Qatar.
Ubifrance is an executive agency of the French government placed under the supervision of the Minister for Economic Affair and Finance and the Minister in charge of Foreign Trade. It will bring all known French SMEs, factories and companies related to the rail industry. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai