Wednesday 29 March 2023

Sohar Titanium lays foundation stone for $111m plant in Oman

MUSCAT, November 14, 2022

Sohar Titanium, a major subsidiary of Minerals Development Oman, yesterday (November 13) laid the foundation stone for a major production plant in Sohar Freezone being set up at an investment of RO43 million ($111 million).
The facility, which will come up on a 120,000 sq m area, will boast a production capacity of 150,000 tonnes of titanium dioxide, said a statement from the company. 
A ceremony was held at Sohar Freezone to mark the laying of the foundation stone of Sohar Titanium project under the patronage of Engineer Salim Nassir Al Awfi, Minister of Energy and Minerals.
A vital product, titanium dioxide is used in a range of industrial and consumer products, including paints, coatings, adhesives as well as ceramics, floor coverings, roofing materials.
The plant is expected to start commercial operation within the next three years, it added.
Sohar Titanium project is 35% owned by Minerals Development Oman, while the remaining 65% stake remains with Dubal Holding and Stork International through the Gulf Titanium.-TradeArabia News Service


More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories

calendarCalendar of Events