Romania reports bird flu outbreak
Brussels, March 16, 2010
Romania has identified an outbreak of bird flu at a poultry farm and taken steps to control its spread, the European Union's executive said on Tuesday.
"The Commission adopted today a decision confirming the risk area set up by the Romanian authorities in relation to an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza in a backyard poultry farm," a European Commission statement said.
The outbreak happened in the commune of Letea in Tulcea county at the Danube's delta close to the Ukrainian border, it added. – Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- US senate backs arming Syrian rebels
- Home Depot net income hits $1.2bn
- EU regulators to cap bankers' bonuses
- Gold extends losses on firm dollar
- Qatar fund to invest $500m in Russia's VTB
- Israel fires back at Syria after troops targeted
- Monster tornado kills 51 in Oklahoma town
- Over 60 killed in Iraq car bombings
- Netanyahu hints at further strikes in Syria
- $590m jackpot winning ticket sold in Florida