Protests against the poll
process in Benghazi
Libya postpones landmark poll to July 7
Tripoli, June 10, 2012
Libya has postponed its landmark election for a constitutional assembly to July 7 because of technical and logistical issues, the head of the electoral commission said on Sunday.
The vote was originally scheduled for June 19.
'The day of the election will be Saturday, the 7th of next month,' Nuri al-Abbar told a news conference. - Reuters
More INTERNATIONAL NEWS Stories
- 3 more Swiss banks join US tax deal
- US, Britain suspend aid to Northern Syria
- Iran to set date for IAEA visit to uranium mine
- Gulf leaders urged to launch Syria aid fund
- Iran, six powers meet on steps to carry out nuclear deal
- US exits GM stake in $10bn loss for taxpayers
- World leaders gather for Mandela memorial
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in polls
- Chinese 'spied on Europeans before G20 summit'
- Bitter cold, ice grip US East Coast