Samsung unveils touchscreen model
Dubai, June 30, 2008
Samsung Electronics Company, a leading mobile phone and telecommunication equipment provider, has announced the launch of its latest full touch-screen model F480.
The Samsung F480 combines a new and unique TOUCHWiZ UI, having specially designed widgets to customise and personalise the way you use your phone, packaged in a slim and premium form.
With F480, Samsung is aiming to enhance its position as a leading player in the hugely popular touch screen mobile market, said a company official.
“It is a significant addition to our touch screen mobile portfolio, bringing a totally new and exciting user experience," remarked Sandeep Saihgal, general manager of hand-held phones at Samsung Gulf Electronics.
"The F480 is just the first in a series of touch-screen mobiles we are launching this year, to provide our consumers with a more rewarding and engaging user interface; one that’s more fun, easier to use and more personal," Saihgal noted.
The quick and simple ‘drag and drop’ feature lets users have instant access to their favourite functions at a moment’s touch.
A unique menu of widgets display functions such as the clock, radio player, music player and more personal elements including photos and birthday reminders, which users can ‘drag and drop’ onto their home screens to suit their personal needs.
Samsung’s differentiated tactile technology also gives users a tangible and pleasing feedback sensation when items are selected.
“Samsung’s F480 has been designed with its users in mind, ensuring that its aesthetically pleasing design was equally matched when it came to the way that users interact with the mobile.” said Jay Kim from UX Design Team at Samsung Electronics Company.
“Our TOUCHWiZ UI, housed within this slim and minimalist design, means that Samsung has secured its position at the forefront of the market,” Saihgal added.
The ultra-slim credit card size and refined texture make the F480 smooth and stylish. The chic, brushed metal finish gives it visual sophistication, further enhanced by its premium leather case, which also serves to protect the touch screen when you’re on the move.
The smart and emotional touch interface coupled with its sophisticated design appeal to users who are looking for the latest functionality and enjoy expressing their individuality.
"Despite its slim 11.6 mm body, the F480 also boasts all the multimedia functions you would expect from a premium Samsung mobile. This includes 240 MB of internal music memory, a memory card with up to 8GB storage, an integrated FM radio, a 5 megapixel camera featuring auto focus and a CMOS video lens."
In addition, the phone also offers high-end camera features which are better known on a digital SLR than a camera phone, such as automatic face detection technology and a sophisticated image stabiliser.
The ‘smile shot’ mode makes its first appearance ever on a mobile phone in the Samsung F480. "This intelligent feature enables the camera to detect when the subject is smiling and automatically take a picture, so you can capture your happiest moments."
The F480’s high speed internet access (HSDPA) and USB 2.0 connectivity enables users to transfer and download data faster. Whether they are music or video files, customers can enjoy all the benefits of being online on-the-go.
Samsung F480 is available across the Middle East at all major electronics stores at a retail price of Dh2199 ($598.6).-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services