Smart unveils new Linux software
Dubai, January 21, 2009
Smart Technologies has unveiled its Smart Notebook 10 software for the latest core distributions of the Linux operating system.
Smart is currently the only interactive whiteboard manufacturer to provide full versions of its whiteboarding software for all three major operating systems - Linux, Windows and Mac.
Smart Notebook 10 software now supports five core Linux distributions, including Ubuntu 8.04, openSUSE 10.03, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1, Fedora Core 9, and Debian 4.0 (Etch) r3.
Smart Notebook ships with all Smart Board interactive whiteboards, Sympodium interactive pen displays, AirLiner wireless slates and Smart Document Cameras.
Smart Notebook software has been available for the Linux operating system since 1999, and this release marks the sixth iteration that is Linux compatible.
Aside from minor variations to accommodate different development languages for each platform, Smart Notebook software for Linux offers all the core features available to Windows and Mac users.
“The Linux operating system continues to gain in popularity, with about 29 million users around the world,” said Smart’s CEO Nancy Knowlton. “Many Smart customers are using the Linux platform, and Smart is committed to ensuring our software products work effectively for these users.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya