Smart unveils new Linux software
Dubai, January 21, 2009
Smart Technologies has unveiled its Smart Notebook 10 software for the latest core distributions of the Linux operating system.
Smart is currently the only interactive whiteboard manufacturer to provide full versions of its whiteboarding software for all three major operating systems - Linux, Windows and Mac.
Smart Notebook 10 software now supports five core Linux distributions, including Ubuntu 8.04, openSUSE 10.03, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1, Fedora Core 9, and Debian 4.0 (Etch) r3.
Smart Notebook ships with all Smart Board interactive whiteboards, Sympodium interactive pen displays, AirLiner wireless slates and Smart Document Cameras.
Smart Notebook software has been available for the Linux operating system since 1999, and this release marks the sixth iteration that is Linux compatible.
Aside from minor variations to accommodate different development languages for each platform, Smart Notebook software for Linux offers all the core features available to Windows and Mac users.
“The Linux operating system continues to gain in popularity, with about 29 million users around the world,” said Smart’s CEO Nancy Knowlton. “Many Smart customers are using the Linux platform, and Smart is committed to ensuring our software products work effectively for these users.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo