Etisalat partners with FC Barcelona
Abu Dhabi, February 19, 2009
Etisalat has signed a partnership agreement with FC Barcelona, the renowned European football club, known familiarly as Barça.
The four-year partnership agreement will entitle Etisalat and its international subsidiaries to become the 'Official International Telecom Partner of FC Barcelona' in their respective countries.
Besides advertising and branding rights, Etisalat will also organise two international matches with FCB in the location of their choice, against nominated teams, opening possibilities of bringing the FCB to the UAE.
'Etisalat has been a strong supporter and an endorser of the game of football for a long time, and is delighted to partner with FC Barcelona, the world champion football club,' stated Mohammad Omran, chairman, Etisalat.
'We hope that our association with FC Barcelona will create spectacle both on and off field and connect diverse global football fan base together through this amazing sport.'
'The aim of FCBarcelona is worldwide presence and this agreement will allow us to strengthen out image and presence in the Middle East, Africa and Asia,' said Joan Laporta Estruch, president of FCBarcelona.
Through this partnership, Etisalat will bring football action to its 80 million Etisalat customers in 18 countries, while providing an extended worldwide fan base to the FC Barcelona in relatively newer territories.
The partnership will also further strengthen Etisalat's association with football. The Telco had earlier sponsored the Etisalat Football League, the UAE-Brazil football match and other tournaments both locally and internationally.
Earlier this year, FC Barcelona set the record for amassing the highest points total for the first half of a season in La Liga and the International organization IFFHS ranked Barça first in their list of the greatest football clubs of the last 18 years.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services