Etisalat iPhone listings app ‘popular’
Abu Dhabi, March 16, 2010
The Etisalat Yellow Pages iPhone application has remained one of the most popular applications following its upload to the iTunes store, receiving more than 10,000 downloads so far, said a top official of the company.
“As usage of mobile internet for browsing and searching for information increases across the UAE, applications such as the Etisalat Yellow Pages for iPhone is rightly set to gain popularity owing to its rich value-added features, over and above the standard ‘search’ services,” said Rashid Al Naqbi, general manager, Etisalat directory services.
The application allows iPhone users in the UAE to quickly find the business that they require as well as call, email and browse company listings, from the palm of their hands.
The free software has been specifically developed for the iPhone and has been populated with extensive information on local businesses, a statement said.
It features functionality such as maps, extended business listings and History search. Users can also share listings with others via SMS or email plus their favourite or most useful listings can be saved for future use. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco CEO leaves; former boss steps in
- Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
- Most firms ‘not curbing external software’
- Plextor launches high-performance SSD
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio