Burgan Bank deploys HP network solutions
Kuwait City, March 17, 2010
Burgan Bank, a subsidiary of Kipco (Kuwait Projects Company), has partnered with HP ProCurve to further enhance its IT infrastructure and support its business expansion plans for 2010.
The bank wanted to enhance its network infrastructure to support a higher and increasing number of users. It also wanted to reduce its downtime, network restrictions and server connection capabilities and provide employees and customers more enhanced facilities and access to services on a 24/7 basis.
“One of the key benefits of partnering with HP was its IEEE standards, round-the-clock customer support, an open standard platform which offers us the flexibility to work with other technology and the smooth, seamless migration process which ensured that no data or time was lost during the change,' said Ivan Jensen, chief IT officer, Burgan Bank.
An extensive portfolio of HP networking solutions, namely, HP ProCurve Switch 4200 series, HP ProCurve Switch 5400 series, HP ProCurve Switch 8200 series and ProCurve High- performance LAN networking solutions were implemented.
“Since introducing the new solutions, there is less network maintenance and higher productivity. This means that the Bank’s IT team can now attend to other IT-related concerns without worrying about the network connections,” added Alaa Al Shimy, general manager, HP ProCurve, Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'