Eset update boosts scanning speed
Dubai, July 27, 2010
Eset, the global leader in proactive protection against malware, has increased the speed of its scanning engine by 30 per cent on average with a signature update, said a top official.
“The increase in speed means that when previously the scanning took four to five minutes, now it can be, in many cases, completed under a minute,” said Peter Kosinar, senior developer, technology and research division at Eset’s global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia.
“Emphasising lightweight, yet powerful design coupled with fast scanning speed has always been our top priority,” he added.
With the signature update 5187, many processes have been optimized for even higher performance, according to a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon
- Bahrain 'a key player in Nokia Mideast growth'