Eset update boosts scanning speed
Dubai, July 27, 2010
Eset, the global leader in proactive protection against malware, has increased the speed of its scanning engine by 30 per cent on average with a signature update, said a top official.
“The increase in speed means that when previously the scanning took four to five minutes, now it can be, in many cases, completed under a minute,” said Peter Kosinar, senior developer, technology and research division at Eset’s global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia.
“Emphasising lightweight, yet powerful design coupled with fast scanning speed has always been our top priority,” he added.
With the signature update 5187, many processes have been optimized for even higher performance, according to a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages