Smartworld rolls out new services for SMBs
Dubai, August 9, 2010
Smartworld, a leading next-generation ICT services provider, has announced the launch of its cloud-based Smart Hosted UC services for small and medium businesses (SMBs) in the Middle East.
The service is offered in two modules - standard and premium and provides a single secure platform for e-mail, contacts, instant messaging, calendaring, file sharing, mobility, telephony and 24x7 customer support; thereby allowing users to streamline information, collaborate and work anywhere and at anytime, said a company statement.
Smartworld’s hosted service is a secure end-to-end solution for SMBs with a user friendly interface that allows companies to instantly implement and seamlessly integrate with existing applications and smartphones; consequently allowing employees to access information with ease, it said.
Abdulla Hashim, chairman of the Board, Smartworld said the company has remained committed to product and service innovation to offer solutions to suit real-world business demands.
'Today, as every enterprise is reviewing the potential benefits of cloud computing, we are glad to introduce the Smart Hosted UC service, an excellent technology proposition for businesses in the region to increase productivity and business continuity.'
'Companies do not need to invest upfront and can rapidly scale their infrastructure resource to meet business demands; as the service is billed on a 'usage' basis. In addition, the cloud based solution gives companies the flexibility and control to seamlessly add or remove employee accounts from the service accommodating its business needs.'
According to him, companies can avail the Smart Hosted UC service either through their own domain, or purchase a domain through Smartworld, or host it through Smartworld’s eZajil service.
The eZajil service offers Smart Hosted UC to self-employed, small companies or individuals the convenience to sync all their communications on one platform without having any hassle to own or maintain a company domain, he added.
Speaking on the launch, Iyad Hindiyeh, COO of Smartworld said, 'As businesses and employees have increasingly becoming more mobile, there is a growing trend and demand for more service delivery over the cloud.'
'Smart Hosted UC provides a robust and very secure platform for small and medium sized businesses to manage business processes and boost employee productivity. Additionally, its user friendly interface can adapt to growing business needs of the company; and giving them the advantage to remain competitive.'
According to Hindiyeh, the Smart Hosted UC is the next –generation solution to meet all communication and operational needs of today’s and tomorrow’s dynamic businesses environment.
'Furthermore, the pay-as you go model requires minimal management overhead or dedicated staff to manage the systems – thus reducing operation, IT management and infrastructure expenses significantly.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya