Batelco emergency drill a success
Manama, December 14, 2010
Batelco has successfully completed its annual rehearsal and testing of the company's Business Continuity Plan (BCP) at its Hamala Headquarters and Salmaniya Telephone House.
The drill takes a proactive approach in ensuring the delivery of telecommunications services in the wake of any disaster, such as a major fire.
During the realistic exercise, all aspects of a potential fire and evacuation incident were replicated and thoroughly evaluated.
Immediately after the outbreak of the incident at Salmaniya Telephone House, emergency response policies and procedures, which include alerting emergency services were initiated and all staff were evacuated from the affected building.
As part of set procedures, Batelco Crisis Management Team (CMT) led by group chief executive officer Peter Kaliaropoulos, assembled at the Command Centre at Hamala headquarters, a dedicated secure location fully equipped to deal with emergency situations of this nature.
The CMT evaluated the situation and made a number of strategic decisions to ensure the continuity of crucial telecommunications services for the kingdom. Affected business streams were also involved as required.
During this realistic simulation, Batelco succeeded not only in protecting the physical safety of its employees and the local community but also in safeguarding the interests of its wider stakeholders.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain launches eGov Apps Store
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network