SonicWALL unveils new virtual appliances
Dubai, February 22, 2011
SonicWALL, the leading provider of intelligent network security and data protection solutions, has launched two secure remote access (SRA) virtual appliances.
The Sonic-WALL SRA Virtual Appliance and SonicWALL Aventail E-Class SRA Virtual Appliance add to the existing SSL VPN SMB and enterprise-class hardware line-up and further expand SonicWALL’s virtualized appliance offerings that include management, reporting and email security.
Combining scalability and reliability, the SSL VPN solutions are the perfect choice for securing a growing mobile workforce, a statement said.
The new appliances represent a new platform for installing and maintaining SSL VPNs for companies of all sizes. Now, enterprises can benefit from the reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) achieved through the easy-to-deploy, hardware-free solutions from SonicWALL.
The SSL VPN solutions allow customers to reap the benefits of virtualization without significant time and cost investment.
Providing secure access to critical applications and resources is crucial to improving productivity and collaboration in today’s competitive market. Through the use of endpoint control, the SonicWALL Aventail solution provides the ability to identify the user and interrogate the endpoint. Based on the information collected, the SSL VPN solution provides the proper level of access to network resources and confidential data based on the policies defined by the security administrator.
Once purchased, the solutions are easily customisable and require no dedicated hardware. In addition to cost-savings, the pre-configured solution reduces complexity with simplified product selection, product integration and ongoing award-winning product support.
“Virtualization adoption is fundamental for companies to stay efficient. By virtualizing sophisticated SSL VPN Remote Access Solutions, companies can drive down costs and respond to scaling needs by right sizing their hardware capacities at will,” said Patrick Sweeney, vice president of product management and corporate marketing at SonicWALL.
“Even faced with the massive adoption of anytime, anywhere access driven by new mobile devices, companies can now enforce corporate access policy, maintain security and save precious budgets.”
The new appliances will be available in Q1 this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services