Asus launches Android tablet in UAE
Dubai, June 2, 2011
Taiwan-based Asus, a leading manufacturer of computer products, has launched its new Android honeycomb tablet computer in the UAE.
Starting at Dh1,899 ($517), the Asus Eee Pad Transformer is available at all Carrefour stores in the country exclusively between June 2 and 4, and across all major electronics retailers from June 5, a statement said.
The Transformer features an optional docking station, which provides access to a full QWERTY keyboard along with unique Android Function keys, turning the tablet Transformer into a full-fledged notebook, it added.
The expandable keyboard docking station also extends the Transformer’s 9.5 hours of battery life up to 16 hours.
Powered by the Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor, the Transformer has an IPS panel made from durable and scratch-resistant glass is viewable at angles up to 178 degrees, and produces a crisper and more accurate colour range by up to 50 per cent when compared to other tablets in the market, the statement said.
Built-in SRS Sound technology 3D stereo audio with maximum bass response and a wide sound field from the discrete speakers housed in the 12.98mm thick frame that weighs only 680g.
Preloaded on the Transformer is Polaris Office 3.0, a professional Mobile Office Solution which enables users to edit various types of office documents including documents, spreadsheets and presentation files. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit