AMD appoints new team leader for region
Dubai, September 25, 2011
American multinational semiconductor company, Advanced Micro Devices, has announced the appointment of Ossama Eldeeb as the new commercial organisation team leader for Middle East, Turkey and Africa.
Based in Dubai, Eldeeb and his team located in the various countries in the Meta region will be responsible for engaging with AMD's commercial customers and working with leading MNCs and software vendors to increase AMD’s success in the commercial market in the Meta region.
Bernard Biolchini, vice president of sales and general manager, AMD Meta said: “Ossama has more than 14 years of experience in the IT industry, and has been instrumental in growing business and setting up the channel and distribution activities in Egypt since 2007.”
“The opportunity for AMD in the commercial space is unprecedented, especially with the launch of the new family of APU processors and the upcoming 16-core x86 server processor, the commercial customers will have the right products, whether its business is implementing cloud, virtualisation or other important IT infrastructures,” said Eldeeb.
Prior to joining AMD, Eldeeb spent 10 years working across various roles in Microsoft for the Meta region including the launch of industry leading products in Egypt as well as working with local OEMs and developing national PC initiatives across different countries like Egypt, Oman, Turkey and Pakistan. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president