Google to build data centres
Hong Kong , September 29, 2011
Google Inc said on Wednesday that it will begin building data centres in Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan, which will be operational within 1-2 years once construction begins.
Investment in the data centres in Hong Kong and Taiwan would exceed $100 million each, the Internet search company said in a statement. It did not give a figure for the Singapore centre.
Google added that it would hire up to 20 staff at the Hong Kong and Taiwan centres. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia