Google to build data centres
Hong Kong , September 29, 2011
Google Inc said on Wednesday that it will begin building data centres in Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan, which will be operational within 1-2 years once construction begins.
Investment in the data centres in Hong Kong and Taiwan would exceed $100 million each, the Internet search company said in a statement. It did not give a figure for the Singapore centre.
Google added that it would hire up to 20 staff at the Hong Kong and Taiwan centres. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
- Du launches smartphone festival
- Mena fastest growing e-commerce region
- Ooredoo, QNB to host workshop for SMEs
- Data use surge 'posing security challenges'
- Kanoo, EMC showcase infrastructure portfolio
- SAP holds key event in Kuwait
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department