Etisalat inks Sharjah Holding agreement
Dubai, October 10, 2011
Etisalat said it has signed a strategic agreement with Sharjah Holding, the community-focussed real estate developer, to provide ICT and smart solutions for its future projects.
Sharjah Holding is a strategic partnership between Sharjah government and Majid Al Futtaim Properties.
The agreement was signed by Abdul Aziz Taryam, general manager, Etisalat (Northern Emirates) and Walid Al Hashimi, CEO of Sharjah Holding at the Gitex Gulfcomms exhibition in Dubai.
As per the deal, Etisalat will implement the infrastructure for Sharjah Holding providing ICT and smart solutions for its future projects as per international best practices and their specific business requirements.
Commenting on the partnership, Taryam said: 'The UAE has witnessed significant developments in the provision of e-services, and Etisalat’s strategy is to provide the latest global technologies in line with the government’s vision to consistently enhance these services.'
'We are proud of this partnership which contributes to supporting initiatives which aim to enhance customer service levels and provide them with additional convenience,' he noted.
'We will work closely with Sharjah Holding to conduct a comprehensive study on their current and future business goals and requirements, in order to present suitable solutions,' said Taryam.
'We will also form a joint work team whose core focus will be to implement the items of this agreement and achieve its objectives,' he added.
Al Hashimi said Sharjah Holding was committed to delivering the very best in community living and services across our mixed use and retail developments in the emirate.
'Etisalat’s e-services are one of the key amenities expected in any modern community and we are delighted that we will be able to provide them for our customers,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design