Westcon ‘Distributor of the Year 2011’
Dubai, December 25, 2011
Westcon, a value-added distributor of category-leading unified communications, infrastructure, data center, and security solutions with a global network of specialty resellers, has been awarded ‘Distributor of the Year 2011’ for the MEA region by Avaya.
The award was presented by Nidal Abou-Itaif, area vice president, emerging markets to Asif Khan, business manager AVAYA at Westcon along with Sayed Jawed, divisional manager Westcon Convergence and Steve Lockie, group managing director, Westcon ME group, at a conference held in Dubai.
Present at the Avaya’s Partner Conference held at the Atlantis Hotel, were the Westcon team and more than 300 channel partners, a statement from the company said.
Steve Lockie, group managing director, Westcon Group Mena operations, said: “WestconME recognised as the MEA Distributor of the Year 2011, strengthens its position as a valued strategic Avaya partner and the true value-add elements offered towards the success of the channel partners is commendable."
The company received the Avaya EMEA Distributor of the Year last month at Avaya's Partner Conference in Berlin, Germany, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends