Etisalat nominated for 4 global mobile awards
Abu Dhabi, February 5, 2012
Etisalat Group has been nominated for four GSMA Global Mobile Awards this year for advanced and world-class services offered across the Middle East, African and Asian markets.
In 2011, Etisalat Group launched a unique maternal mobile health programme which helps to provide critical healthcare to pregnant women in rural areas in Africa.
This transformational service was developed in partnership with Qualcomm, D-Tree International and Great Connections and is named “Mobile Baby”.
The service “Mobile Baby” has been shortlisted in two categories – “The Best Mobile Health Innovation “and “The Best Service for Women in Emerging Markets”.
Etisalat’s (m) Commerce service was nominated by GSMA awards as well in the category – “The best Mobile Money Innovation”.
In 2011, Etisalat introduced and is continuing the commercial roll-out of fully interoperable, open-loop (Mobile) Commerce ecosystem across its operations, enabling end-users to use mobile phones as a payment instrument.
Additionally, Etisalat was nominated in the category “The Best Network Product or Solution for Serving Customers” for recent launch of DotMe service in Nigeria.
DotMe is an instant notice board and instant publishing service for all Etisalat customers. Etisalat customers publish information (post) by simply texting their news or status message to the SMS short code. Anybody who knows an Etisalat customer’s mobile phone number can ‘read’ their current post, simply by texting a dot (a full stop) to their number.
Michael O’Hara, chief marketing officer, GSMA said. “Reflecting the intensity of competition and innovation across the mobile ecosystem, we saw a record 600 entries and an exceptionally high quality field of contenders vying for this year’s Global Mobile Awards.”
“It is a significant achievement to have made the shortlist, and our warmest congratulations go to all the nominees announced today. We look forward to the unveiling of the winners at the Mobile World Congress next month,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services