HP backs top ICT summit in Doha
Doha, March 5, 2012
HP will showcase its new cloud solutions in its capacity as a platinum sponsor of a major ICT-focused conference that opens in Doha today (March 5).
The second edition of Qitcom 2012 will run up to March 7at the Qatar National Convention Centre.
The burgeoning ICT industry in Qatar is developing at a rapid pace, and Qitcom offers the perfect forum to discuss where the Qatar ICT industry is heading. It also invites the leading ICT companies and local organizations to showcase their products, services and projects.
“Qitcom visitors will be able to experience how HP can help their business in every aspect of their ecosystem. Right from securing their data on the cloud and discovering all the benefits of having their business information and applications Instant- - On, to the latest in HP products ideal for a burgeoning market,” said Eyad Shihabi, managing director, HP Middle East.
“The industry in Qatar is undergoing rapid development, so it’s important HP contributes to discussions on how to shape this growth, and how our products and services can see Qatar meet its ambitious targets.”
The latest digitization policy developments in Qatar will play an important part of the discourse at Qitcom in 2012, with HP playing a key part in these discussions including Xavier Poisson, HP EMEA’s Cloud Computing vice president speaking at the event.
Poisson will be discussing the cloud computing promise, as well as debating its technical, commercial and regulatory challenges in Qatar in addition to looking at new industry trends relating to cloud.
As part of its presence at the exhibition, HP’s Imaging and Printing Group also announced new LaserJet printers designed to help small to midsize businesses (SMBs) create professional-quality color documents while increasing productivity and efficiency.
During Qitcom, HP’s Personal Systems Group will be showcasing a range of products and solutions from its portfolio to meet the needs of the world’s most demanding customers from industries such as engineering, broadcast, CAD, oil & gas and finance.
With 70 per cent market share in Qatar’s corporate and public sectors, solutions like HP workstations and HP thin clients provide customers with products that are secure, energy-efficient, and powerful. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase