GFI launches upgraded antivirus for business
Dubai, March 27, 2012
GFI Software has launched GFI Vipre Antivirus Business 5.0 and GFI Vipre Business Premium 5.0 in the UAE, the latest evolutions of the company’s flagship antivirus solutions.
Following extensive development and the integration of many new features and enhancements based on user feedback and requests, Vipre Business 5.0 proves that comprehensive malware protection does not have to be difficult to deploy, time-consuming to manage or a drain on system resources to be effective, a statement said.
“At a time when IT security in the workplace has never been more critical, our philosophy and approach to antivirus software continues to be in stark contrast to our competitors,” said John Spoor, channel sales manager MEA, GFI Software.
“Our focus continues to be on refining Vipre to deliver superior performance and protection, through a solution that is easier to deploy, easier to manage and more effective at detecting and stopping threats than ever before.”
To accomplish that, GFI has made several key enhancements to Vipre Business, including incompatible software removal, Windows firewall auto-configuration, integrated database, auditing and reporting, remote management and an enhanced management console.
Backed by GFI Labs, Vipre Business defends against viruses, worms, spyware, Trojans, bots, rootkits and more.
It uses a proprietary technology stack to scan large volumes of files quickly and with minimal impact on system performance. Vipre Business also protects against email-borne viruses and integrates with all desktop email solutions using POP3 or SMTP, including Microsoft Outlook.
Vipre is certified by AV-TEST, ICSA, Virus Bulletin (VB100) and West Coast Labs.
Vipre Business Premium adds a bi-directional firewall for admin control of network traffic; a Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS) to monitor suspicious activity; and Web filtering to block malicious URLs, ads, harmful scripts and phishing sites. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services