STC names new chairman, vice-chairman
Dubai, April 29, 2012
Saudi Telecom Co (STC), the leading telecoms operator in the region, has appointed Abdulaziz Al-Suqair as chairman and Mohammad Al-Kharashi as vice-chairman, the former monopoly said on Sunday.
The pair were appointed for a period of three years at a company board meeting on Saturday, STC said in a statement to the Saudi bourse.
Earlier this month, STC said chief executive Saud Al-Daweesh will step down, effective October 1. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo