HP expands converged cloud portfolio
Dubai, June 6, 2012
HP today expanded its Converged Cloud portfolio with new offerings that extend the power of the cloud across infrastructure, applications and information.
Today’s announcements include solutions for:
• Delivering converged cloud services for the airline industry.
• Building hybrid cloud environments.
• Managing the next generation of cloud applications.
• Increasing office productivity with cloud print solution.
• Closing the IT cloud expertise skills gap.
HP Converged Cloud is the industry’s first strategy and portfolio based on a single architecture that combines private, managed and public cloud, as well as traditional IT, to create an environment that can rapidly change based on organizational requirements, a statement said.
Recent research conducted on behalf of HP suggests that by 2020, senior business and technology executives expect their organization’s public and private cloud delivery models to nearly double. However, if not implemented properly, these delivery models could yield cloud silos, creating complexity, risk and vendor lock-in, it said.
“Successful organizations need to be able to select the right delivery model for their technology needs whether it be in the cloud or on premise,” said Eyad Shihabi, managing director, HP Middle East. “HP’s Converged Cloud approach provides enterprises choice in delivery model and platform with the confidence in the service delivered via market leading products, coupled with a consistent architecture and experience.”
Hybrid cloud for the airline industry
Enabling airlines to quickly introduce new products and services to enhance revenue, HP announced its vision of an “Intelligent Airline Cloud” delivering integrated Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) platforms that meet the specific requirements of airline clients. HP Converged Cloud Services for Airlines provides the industry’s first hybrid delivery approach to the cloud, the company said.
HP Converged Cloud Services for Airlines includes HP Passenger Service Solution, which combines HP’s core travel and transportation industry solutions into a single integrated airline reservation and travel SaaS platform. Its two key services, Airline Reservations and Departure Control, helped HP clients board more than 500 million passengers in the past year. The new HP Airline Service Oriented Architecture Platform provides airlines with a modern application-development Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to drive rapid development of revenue-generating airline products.
Building hybrid cloud environments
HP has extended the “cloud bursting” capabilities of HP CloudSystem to deliver instant access to additional capacity through HP Cloud Services, Amazon Web Services and Savvis. A core element of the HP Converged Cloud portfolio, HP CloudSystem provides a complete, integrated and open platform that enables enterprises and service providers to build, as well as manage, services across private, managed and public cloud environments. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya