Dubai Silicon Oasis launches tech forum
Dubai, July 1, 2012
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) said it has partnered with Optimus Technology and Telecommunications to set up a networking platform for technology experts, academics and students to help capacity-building, tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Dubai.
The new platform, Silicon Oasis TechForum, has been established through a MoU between DSOA and Optimus Technology and Telecom, with the additional backing of Silicon Oasis Founders (SOF), a technology incubation centre owned by DSOA.
Dubai-based Optimus is a channel development and distribution company that helps leading technology and telecom vendors to develop and create business revenue streams in the Mena and South Asia region.
Featuring monthly community gatherings, the forum will host industry specialists to offer easy to understand presentations on topical industry subjects to educate and stimulate discussion.
The TechForum will additionally serve as a virtual community that empowers visionary leadership, highlights best practices, and offers case studies to help identify best solutions for challenging problems.
Ghanim Al Falasi, senior VP – Corporate Services, said: “DSOA was envisioned to facilitate technological development, innovation and entrepreneurship. Towards this end, we provide the latest and world-class infrastructure to enable UAE-based enterprises to compete with global players.”
“The launch of TechForum takes our efforts further through creating a platform for networking, sharing ideas and expertise to accelerate innovation in the UAE,' Al Falasi remarked.
It will work closely with leaders in the tech-space, academia as well as technology and business communities such as incubators to host joint activities.
'We are confident that the forum will showcase our ability to bring together diverse groups of thought leaders to enhance growth. Our collaboration with Optimus will allow us to easily connect the power of business leaders with entrepreneurs and academia to inspire the younger generations to respond responsibly to today’s global concerns,” he added.
Meera Kaul, the managing director of Optimus Technology and Telecommunications, said: “We are happy to partner with DSOA in launching Silicon Oasis TechForum to realize our shared vision of bringing industry-leading technology and expertise to the region and specifically to the UAE.'
'We plan to invite some of the most renowned specialists to share knowledge and experiences at the monthly events. We look forward to our first networking event,' she stated.
According to her, the inaugural TechForum event will be held on July 10 at the DSO-based Rochester Institute of Technology from 7pm onwards. Participants will also stand to win exciting prizes through raffle draws.
The TechForum event will be held on the second Tuesday of every month.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion