Mobily launches 'WhatsApp' package
Riyadh, September 15, 2012
Saudi telecom operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) has introduced “WhatsApp” package, a first-of-its-kind in the region which offers its key features through weekly and monthly packages with a low and fixed prices.
“WhatsApp” application is considered one of the well-known applications worldwide, owned by "WhatsApp Inc." .
The application allows instant chat feature via smart phones through the Internet, Mobily always seeks to enrich the lives of its customers through innovative products and service.
This innovative package comes following a co-operation agreement with “WhatsApp Inc” which gives Mobily the exclusivity to launch “WhatsApp” packages in the Kingdom, said Mobily in a statement.
The new packages will be offered to all its postpaid and prepaid subscribers, it added.
Mobily said the agreement is a novel one as event non Mobily connect users can activate the Apps package for SR20 per month. Customers can also subscribe in the weekly package of SR10.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m