Batelco to support International Music Festival
Manama, October 1, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has announced its support for the 21st Bahrain International Music Festival, which will go on till October 5 at the Cultural Hall.
This is in line with its commitment to support cultural events, a statement from the company said. Batelco is supporting the event through its Rannah service, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and Manama the Capital of Culture for 2012.
Rannah, Batelco’s value-added service for its postpaid and prepaid mobile subscribers allows customers to personalise their ring-back tone.
The service enables customers to customise their mobile handset by playing a selection of ring back tones instead of the normal waiting tone, for their callers to enjoy.
As part of Batelco’s participation in the International Music Festival, the company is providing the music from the festival as ring back tones, the statement said.
A special feature of the Rannah service is the facility to assign tones to play for all callers or customise them to play for specific individual callers or a group of callers.
“Customised ring tones are very popular today. We are therefore very pleased to add new Rannah tones from the music festival to add to the wide range already available,” said Batelco Group’s general manager of media relations, Ahmed Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution