Etisalat extends business centre working hours
Dubai, January 14, 2013
Leading Dubai-based telecom operator, Etisalat, has extended working hours across its business centers in the UAE to help customers meet the January 16 deadline for registering their mobile SIM cards under the ‘My Number, My Identity’ campaign.
Etisalat’s business centers, kiosks and service centers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi will remain open until midnight from January 14 to 16. In the other emirates, working hours have been extended either until 8pm, 10pm or 12am, a statement from the company said.
Mandated by the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority in July 2012, registration of SIM cards will protect subscribers from misuse or confidentiality infringement. A wide range of services that enhance the overall mobile experience is also being offered by Etisalat to registered SIM cards.
The registration policy requires mobile subscribers to produce valid and original identification documents at any Etisalat kiosk across the country along with a copy of the ID proof, the statement said.
Documents include Emirates ID or passport for UAE nationals, passport or GCC National ID for GCC nationals, and the Emirates ID or passport along with valid residence visa for all other nationalities.
Business and government customers are required to present a valid establishment card issued by the UAE Ministry of Interior, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss