Wataniya appoints new CEO
Kuwait, March 28, 2013
Kuwait telecom operator Wataniya has appointed Abdulaziz Fakhroo as chief executive, parent company Ooredoo (Qatar Telecom) said in a statement on Thursday.
Fakhroo, who had been deputy CEO prior to his promotion, replaces Bassam Hannoun, who resigned for personal reasons, according to the statement.
Wataniya chairman Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Saud Al Thani said: “We sincerely thank Dr Hannoun for his contribution during his tenure. We look forward to having Abdul-Aziz lead Wataniya Kuwait as it enters an exciting new phase in its development including the launch of 4G services this year."
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project