Ooredoo Q2 net profit soars 44pc to $253m
Doha, July 30, 2013
Qatar telecoms group Ooredoo reported a 44 percent jump in second-quarter net profit on Tuesday, beating analysts' estimates.
The former monopoly, which operates in about 16 countries across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, made a net profit of 923 million riyals ($253.5 million) in the second quarter, up from 641 million riyals in the same period a year earlier.
Analysts polled by Reuters had on average forecast Ooredoo would make a quarterly profit of 845.31 million riyals. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues
- US firm offers IT security software for SMBs
- US firm supplies biometric software to Saudi
- Du to support SMEs in Ajman
- Red Hat to launch new PaaS
- Egypt to offer unified telecoms licence soon