Saudi king, Assad to visit Lebanon together
Beirut, July 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will visit Lebanon together on Friday to ease political tension over a UN tribunal set up after the 2005 killing of Lebanese statesman Rafik al-Hariri.
"The visit of King Abdullah and President Assad, who are coming together on Friday, will be an answer for all the questions about stability in Lebanon," Nohad al-Machnouk, a member of Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri's parliamentary bloc, told Reuters.
More Government & Laws Stories
- Postal rates rise 300pc in Bahrain
- Qatar denies Syria 'contact'
- Iran to take part in security forum
- GCC security bolstered by Royal grant
- Egypt to pay $1.5bn arrears to foreign oil firms
- Charles Russell opens Qatar office
- Egypt delays decision on $4.8bn IMF loan
- UAE, Netherlands sign investments deal
- Iran sees no big 2014 oil exports recovery
- Egypt ‘returned $500m deposit to Qatar’