‘Al Wasat’ journalists to stand trial in Bahrain
Manama, April 12, 2011
Following a case filed by the Bahrain Information Affairs Authority against Al Wasat newspaper, the General Prosecution summoned its former editor-in-chief Mansoor Al Jamri, managing editor Walid Nouwehed and head of local news Aqeel Mirza.
They were quizzed over allegations of publishing falsified news, Prosecutor General Dr Ali bin Fadhl Al Bouainain revealed.
They were charged with publishing fabricated news and madeup stories in a manner that may have harmed public safety and national interests and provided with compelling evidence gathered by the Anti-Economic Crime Directorate.
Dr Al Bouainain said that the three of them were released following the interrogation, asserting that they will stand trial as soon as investigations are over.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra
- Bahrain big inspiration for top US designer
- Three 'Avatar' sequels to be made in New Zealand
- Instagram photography contest launched
- Top brands at Saudi interior design show