42 countries at top Dubai media event
Dubai, January 19, 2012
Cable and satellite professionals will be able to view the latest innovations in the industry through broadcasting and production leaders from 42 countries taking part in a major upcoming media event in Dubai.
Cabsat 2012 will run from February 28 to March 1 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre. The exhibition is for trade and business only.
A recent survey titled Satellite Communications & Broadcasting Markets Survey, Forecasts to 2020 by Euroconsult, anticipates the value of satellite capacity leasing to grow at 7 per cent annually (CAGR) over the next ten years, driven by connectivity needs and the growth of digital TV in emerging markets.
Combined with the launch of new generation High Satellite Systems (HSS), interest has increased for cable and satellite professionals through the region.
Cabsat promotes the knowledge of the most advanced technology and work practices around the region thus assisting the industry deliver the finest content as well as helping professionals develop their personal skills.
Results of the global transition are evident through films produced in the region which have achieved worldwide recognition; Mahmoud Kasour’s film Teta, Alf Marra won awards in London and New York, and has been acclaimed by audiences as far apart as
Buenos Aires and Mumbai. Australian short film festival Tropfest recently expanded into the Middle East during which Jassem al Jabbouri from Baghdad won first prize for Flock of Stars.
The television output from the region is also viewed on a global platform, not least in sports where a number of outside broadcast fleets are on the road to get the best from the action in world-class cricket, rugby, golf, horse racing, motor sports and more.
With an expected launch in spring 2012, Sky News Arabia will be debuting at this year’s show with an aim to provide an advanced technology platform and high editorial standards.
The station will call for the development of local talent to deliver a distinctly regional flavour to news coverage and will run its own training and internship scheme which aims to recruit most of its 370 staff from the region.
Adrian Wells, Launch Director, Sky News Arabia said, “It’s far better for us as a big employer to tap into the local talent available in the region.”
Cabsat will be partnering with twofour54 tadreeb who recently acquired SAE Dubai, a leading higher education institution for broadcasting, film and interactive media to deliver specialist training, workshops and immersive experiences. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat