Bahrain issues 78,000 permits for books
Manama, February 14, 2012
Bahrain’s Information Affairs Authority (IAA) Press and Publications Directorate last year issued permissions for 78,027 book titles in different genres and released 1,642,392 books after finalising their customs procedures.
The director of the directorate, Yusuf Mohammed Ismail, also said that 215 permissions were granted for publications for local Bahraini writers, while the department of audio-visuals finalised permits for 27,147 titles of audio-visual publications, programmes and video games including 297 films.
The department of registration and permits granted 1,642 permits to participate in media activities through the Bahrain Investor Centre, assuring the revival of the publication industry and media activity and reflecting the status of Bahrain as an incubator for knowledge and creativity under the landmark reforms initiated by His Majesty King Hamad.
Ismail said that in line with the directives of IAA president Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa on the implementation of laws, rules and regulations that protect writers and govern intellectual property, the investigation team confiscated 102 pirated products.
The directorate has also finalised evaluation of all media permits granted to investors, and is now working on correcting the situation in institutions and companies that work in press, print, publication and distribution, Ismail added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Sharjah to unveil 'Islamic Culture Capital' logo
- Dubai set for star-studded charity event
- Top hotels set to compete in bell boy race
- New mobile app delivers strategic insights
- Akhbar Al Khaleej website wins top e-Content award
- Jeddah to host multi-sector trade fair
- Meadfa set for Dubai conference
- Doha media centre sacks chief
- Forum focus on proper use of social media
- 400 firms to showcase at SGI Dubai