Bahrain government website hacked
Manama, February 15, 2012
An official government website, bahrain.bh, was hacked by an infamous hacker group called Anonymous yesterday (February 14).
The group also targeted the website of combinedsystems.com, which belongs to the US producer of tear gas reportedly used in Bahrain.
'We promised you a Valentine's Day to remember and told you that lulz were on their way,' posted Anonymous on its Twitter account yesterday. 'Stay tuned for more.'
Its post regarding the hacking of the Bahrain government site was seen on Twitter yesterday morning.
'TANGO DOWN: Bahrain govt's official website: bahrain.bh #Bahrain #Anonymous #Feb14 #HackVDay' said the post.
The Information Affairs Authority (IAA) and the eGovernment Authority were aware of the hacking, but the problem was solved quickly and the website was running as normal by yesterday afternoon, sources said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Bahrainis set to create floral design record
- Leo Burnett names Mena innovation head
- OSN launches first combat sports channel
- Etihad launches holiday photo contest
- Al Jazeera weighs bid for $1bn Turkish pay-TV
- New UAE road safety website launched
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- Yahoo in Saudi Professional League tieup
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Mepra