Sky News Arabia set for May 6 launch
Kuwait, April 28, 2012
Sky News Arabia, the 24-hour Arabic language multi-platform breaking news service, will be launched on May 6 and broadcast to the region across multiple platforms, said a top official.
The channel aims to provide a new horizon for news reporting with independent breaking news across the Arab world and will be available on Transponder 15 on Arabsat Badr 4, Transponder 14 on Nilesat 201, on du IPTV and e-Life platforms plus in high definition on the OSN pay-TV platform.
Nart Bouran, the head of Sky News Arabia discussed the launch at a press event in Kuwait at the Marriot Courtyard Hotel.
Commenting on the launch, Bouran said: 'Over the last two years we have seen Sky News Arabia move from being just an idea to a full-fledged multi-platform news channel. Our goal throughout has been to create an impartial and independent breaking news channel.'
'For viewers in Kuwait and across the region Sky News Arabia will offer fast live, impartial news across multiple platforms. It has been a huge collaborative team effort resulting in the most technically advanced news operation in the region,' stated Bouran.
'We have nearly 400 of the best journalists, reporters, presenters, producers and broadcast technicians working together to create an unparalleled news channel,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show