Sky News Arabia set for May 6 launch
Kuwait, April 28, 2012
Sky News Arabia, the 24-hour Arabic language multi-platform breaking news service, will be launched on May 6 and broadcast to the region across multiple platforms, said a top official.
The channel aims to provide a new horizon for news reporting with independent breaking news across the Arab world and will be available on Transponder 15 on Arabsat Badr 4, Transponder 14 on Nilesat 201, on du IPTV and e-Life platforms plus in high definition on the OSN pay-TV platform.
Nart Bouran, the head of Sky News Arabia discussed the launch at a press event in Kuwait at the Marriot Courtyard Hotel.
Commenting on the launch, Bouran said: 'Over the last two years we have seen Sky News Arabia move from being just an idea to a full-fledged multi-platform news channel. Our goal throughout has been to create an impartial and independent breaking news channel.'
'For viewers in Kuwait and across the region Sky News Arabia will offer fast live, impartial news across multiple platforms. It has been a huge collaborative team effort resulting in the most technically advanced news operation in the region,' stated Bouran.
'We have nearly 400 of the best journalists, reporters, presenters, producers and broadcast technicians working together to create an unparalleled news channel,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Bahrain may stage 2014 F1 season opener
- Book on Bahrain PM’s achievements launched
- BenQ unveils new digital signage range
- UAE cinema launches first Dolby Atmos theatre
- Bahrain Wahooo! in new Guinness record bid
- Bahrain extends deadline for eContent award
- Saudi to block WhatsApp ‘within weeks’
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai to share UAE Pro League broadcast
- ME firms set for Asia's biggest infocomm show
- Emirates set for FIFA Confederations Cup